Amazon Kindle 2 leaked photos
Amazon is still not launching the new Kindle 2 until Monday but official looking photos of the Kindle was leaked on the mobileread forums. According to the post, he claims and is “pretty much absolutely sure that the photos are what Amazon is going to present on February 24”.
“The Kindle 2 costs you $359 USD and is now available for sale on Amazon.”
I don’t know if the photos were really leaked. The Kindle is too thin as you can see on the picture above, the back-view of the so-called “official” Kindle 2 looks like an apple iPhone to me. The guy with the kindle is pretty convincing though.
We have to wait until next Monday for it to be official.
UPDATE: Kindle 2 is out on Amazon
New Features & Enhancements
* Slim & Lightweight: Just over 1/3 inch and 10.2 ounces
* Books in under 60 seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
* Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for crisp images and text; even reads well in bright sunlight
* Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
* More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
* Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
* Read-to-Me: Text-to-Speech feature means Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud.
* No Wireless Bills: No monthly wireless bills, data plans, or commitments. Amazon pays for Kindle’s wireless connectivity so you won’t see a monthly wireless bill.
* Large Selection: Over 230,000 books, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines and blogs available
* Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise