Beyonce Faces $100-Million Lawsuit
A company has filed a $100-million lawsuit against Beyonce for allegedly ruining the Christmas of 70 people who lost their jobs during last year’s holiday season when the singer reneged on a deal to star in a motion-sensing dance video game.
Gate Five said in a summons filed on Tuesday that the 29-year-old recording artist asked for exorbitant fees, which drove the project’s financier away. The video game developer said that Beyonce’s actions caused 70 people to experience a dry Christmas when they were laid off due to the cancellation of the project, which was supposed to be called “Starpower: Beyonce.”
“Her actions were so unscrupulous that her then-manager (who is also her father) renounced them, while a senior member of the company that had agreed to finance the project condemned her conduct as ‘morally reprehensible’ in an email he sent to one of her talent agents,” the document filed with the New York Supreme Court read.
Beyonce or her rep has yet to issue any statement regarding the case.