Daniele Salami Recalled
A Rhode Island meat company has voluntarily recalled 1.2 million pounds (562,000 kilograms) of salami and other meat products over pepper-related salmonella outbreak.
Daniele Inc. made the recall of the products where they have used black pepper, the US Department of Agriculture reported.
A total of potential 184 related cases from July last year until January this year has been reported in 38 states. Around 34 have been hospitalized but there are no recorded fatalities. A direct link has not been found yet and investigations are still ongoing.
The list of recalled products are as follows.
- Daniele Deli Selection (20 oz)
- Daniele Italian Brand Gourmet Pack (16 oz)
- Daniele Italian Brand Gourmet Pack (8 oz)
- Daniele Surtido Fino Italiano (454 g)
- Dietz and Watson Artisan Collection Party Platter Pack (8 oz)
- Daniele Gourmet Combo Pack (16 oz)
- Daniele Surtido Fino Italiano (340 g)
- Daniele Brand Gourmet Pack (Emballage Assorti Gourmet Italian) (500 g)
- Boar’s Head All Natural Salame Coated with Coarse Black Pepper (8 oz)
- Daniele All Natural Salame Coated with Coarse Black Pepper” (10oz)
- Daniele Pepper Salame
- Black Bear Baby Genoa Pepper Salame (9 oz)
- Dietz & Watson Artisan Collection Baby Genoa Pepper Salame
- Daniele Gourmet Italian Deli Selection (600 g)
- Daniele Salame Bites Pepper Salame (7 oz)
- Daniele Natural Salame Coated with Coarse Black Pepper
- Daniele Gourmet Deli Selection (Assortment De Fines Charcuterie Italienne) (400g)
- Daniele deli Selection (32oz)