Forbes: Twilight’s Carlisle Cullen is fiction’s richest man
Forbes magazine has released its annual ranking of the wealthiest fictional characters and I was really surprised to see that the richest man is Dr. Carlisle Cullen, the patriarch of Twilight‘s coven of vampires.
But then I realized, the good-looking small town doctor has a great advantage over other entrants, given that he’s had a few hundred years to accumulate his assets. He also has Alice, who is able to give excellent stock advice because of her ability to see into the future.
Dr. Cullen edged out Bruce Wayne (Batman) and Tony Stark (Iron Man) with an estimated fortune of $34 billion. According to the mag, the 370-year-old bloodsucker received a generous handout from Italian friends in 1670 and is a collector of fine art, adding immensely to his inheritance.
Here’s the full list of Forbes Fictional 15:
1. Carlisle Cullen (Twilight): $34.1 billion
2. Scrooge McDuck: $33.5 billion
3. Richie Rich: $11.5 billion
4. Tony Stark (Iron Man): $8.8 billion
5. Jed Clampett (Beverly Hillbillies): $7.2 billion
6. Adrian “Ozymandias” Veidt (Watchmen): $7 billion
7. Bruce Wayne (Batman): $6.5 billion
8. The Tooth Fairy (she’s real): $3.9 billion
9. Thurston Howell, III (Gilligan’s Island): $2.1 billion
10. Sir Tophamm Hatt (Thomas the Tank Engine): $2 billion
11. Artemis Fowl II : $1.9 billion
12. C. Montgomery Burns (The Simpsons): $1.3 billion
13. Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl): $1.1 billion
14. Jay Gatsby (The Great Gatsby): $1 billion
15. Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development): $950 million