Google Adsense for Games launched
Posted by Randy
Google launched “Adsense for Games” to insert advertisements into online video games and boost revenue from the online gaming platform. Online games such as Flash Games are the target for this campaign.
AdSense for Games, is still in beta testing right now but according to the adsense blog “you can display video ads, image ads, or text ads within your online games to earn revenue. You’ll be able to show these ads in placements you define, such as interstitial frames before a game, after a level change, or when a game is over.”
The advertisers will be charged on a CPI (cost-per-impression) or by CPC (cost-per-click) basis same as the adsense for content. The revenue will be divided between the developers or publishers and Google.
comScore study states that 25% of Internet users are online gamers. The high statistics could have pushed Google to integrate adsense to online games.
If you are interested, you can check the ad video of adsense for games embedded on the google adsense blog. You can also check out the requirements on how to keep the ads rolling.
- Game plays: Minimum 500,000 per day
- Game types: Web-based Flash only
- Integration: Must be technically capable of SDK integration
- Traffic source: Must be 80% US & UK Traffic
- Content: Family safe and targeted at users age 13 and up
- Distribution: Must be able to report embed destination and have control over where games are distributed