Obama’s Dinner with Technology Executives
United States President Barack Obama had a private dinner with the big names in Silicon Valley night of Thursday, February 17, apparently to ask their help in offering jobs to the increasing jobless Americans.
The President said earlier this month that he wants to talk to the technology executives to bolster ways on lifting the economy with the help of the private sector.
The dinner took place at the Woodside, California estate of John Doerr, a senior partner of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Sharing the table with the most powerful man on earth are:
- Steve Jobs, Chairman and CEO of Apple, Inc.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO of Facebook Inc.
- Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO of Google Inc.
- John Chambers, Chairman and CEO of Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dick Costolo, CEO of Twitter Inc.
- Larry Ellison, Co-Founder and CEO of Oracle Corp.
- Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix Inc.
- Art Levinson, Chairman and former CEO of Genentech Inc.
- Steve Westly, Managing Partner and Founder of The Westly Group
- John Hennessy, President of Stanford University