Stephen Gately Choked To Death On His Own Vomit?

stephen-gately-cause-of-deathEveryone was shocked about Stephen Gately’s sudden death which was reported Sunday. But what’s more shocking was the Irish singer’s cause of death.

According to the Mirror, Gately, 33, died from complications of drinking in excess. It is said that he died in his sleep when he choked on his vomit after drinking at a club until 6 a.m.

He was discovered by his partner Andy Cowles in his apartment in pajamas kneeling against the sofa with his face buried in the pillow.

“The family have been told the most likely scenario is Stephen had a bit too much to drink, vomited in his sleep and choked. It was a terrible accident,” divulged a family friend.

“There’s no foul play involved. There is nothing untoward. It’s not drugs, it’s not suicide, it’s not murder, it’s not a fight,” claims lawyer Gerald Kean.

Spanish police are trying to locate a Bulgarian man named, Giorgio who met the couple at the club and returned to their apartment with them. Authorities said that Giorgio may be able to help them to get more details into what happened to the Boyzone star.