Super-strong perfume sparks panic at Texas bank
Thirty four people were taken to the hospital after a woman sprayed strong perfume in a bank call center at Fort Worth, Texas.
The strong scented cologne spread panic through the building, triggering fear among staff that they were under chemical attack. Employees of the Bank of America complained of headaches, dizziness and shortness of breath.
The foul odor was initially reported as a carbon monoxide leak, prompting a response from firefighters and other emergency officials, including a hazardous materials team.
A total of 12 people were taken to hospital while 22 others made their own way there. An additional 110 were treated at the scene.
A spokesperson for Bank of America told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that about 1,800 to 2,200 employees work in the building.
Investigators do not know what type of perfume was sprayed.
[Image via flickr]