Bento lunch boxes are a popular way to enjoy a healthy, delicious meal on the go. They’re also a great way to make sure you’re getting a balanced meal. The key to making a great bento box is to include a variety of different foods, such as proteins, carbs, and veggies. Here are some delicious bento lunch box recipes that you can make at home.
1. Teriyaki Chicken Bento Box: This bento box is packed with flavor and nutrition. A teriyaki chicken bento box is a classic Japanese dish that is perfect for lunch or dinner. It consists of a variety of ingredients, including chicken, vegetables, and rice, that are cooked in a flavorful teriyaki sauce. This dish is easy to make and can be customized to your preference. With this recipe, you will be able to make a delicious and healthy teriyaki chicken bento box that your entire family will enjoy.
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
– 2 cups cooked rice
– 1/4 cup carrots, sliced
– 1/4 cup edamame
– 2 green onions, chopped
– 1/4 cup cucumber, sliced
– 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour teriyaki sauce over them.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, carrots, edamame, green onions, cucumber, mushrooms, and sesame seeds.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add the rice mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
7. Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the skillet.
8. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
9. Divide the teriyaki chicken and rice mixture into 4 bento boxes and serve.
2. Egg Salad Bento Box: This classic lunch box favorite is a great way to get a protein and carb in one. Egg salad bento boxes are a delicious and easy way to make a meal that is both nutritious and tasty. This meal is perfect for eating at home or packing up to take with you on the go. This recipe is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. With just a few steps, you can make a delicious egg salad bento box that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds.
– 3 hard-boiled eggs
– 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon minced onion
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– 1 cup cooked black beans
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
– 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
– 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Start by hard boiling the eggs. Place the eggs in a pot of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Once done, place the eggs in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Peel and mash the eggs in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, minced onion, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the quinoa, black beans, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, parsley, and lemon juice.
4. Divide the egg salad mixture into four bento boxes. Top each bento box with the quinoa and bean mixture.
5. Serve the egg salad bento boxes cold and enjoy!
3. Mediterranean Bento Box: Looking for a healthy and delicious lunch option? Try a Mediterranean Bento Box! This bento box is full of classic Mediterranean flavors including olives, feta, hummus and more. This easy to prepare lunch is perfect for a busy day and will keep you full and energized. Here is everything you need to know to make the perfect Mediterranean Bento Box, including a list of ingredients and detailed instructions on how to assemble and cook it.
• 1/4 cup hummus
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 cup olives
• 2 tablespoons feta cheese
• 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
• 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
• 1/4 cup diced cucumbers
• 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
• 1/4 cup diced red onion
• 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons chopped mint
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread hummus on the bottom of a baking dish.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the hummus.
4. Sprinkle olives, feta cheese, quinoa, chickpeas, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, and bell peppers over the top of the hummus.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool.
7. Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl and mix in parsley, mint, salt and pepper.
8. Divide mixture into four lunch boxes.
This Mediterranean Bento Box is a great way to enjoy a healthy and delicious lunch. With plenty of colorful vegetables, protein-packed legumes, and bright herbs and spices, this bento box is sure to please any appetite. For a complete meal, add in some grilled chicken or fish for even more flavor. Enjoy!
4. Pad Thai Bento Box: This bento box is the perfect way to enjoy a delicious Thai meal on the go. Pad Thai is a popular Thai street food dish made with rice noodles, vegetables, and a flavorful sauce. It’s a delicious and easy meal that can be made in just minutes. But why not take it up a notch and make a Pad Thai Bento Box? With a combination of fresh ingredients, cooked noodles, and a delicious homemade sauce, this bento box will add a touch of Asian flair to your lunchtime routine.
– 8 ounces of pad thai noodles
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup of bean sprouts
– 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
– 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers
– 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts
– 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon of lime juice
– 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Cook the pad thai noodles according to the package instructions.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bean sprouts, carrots, bell peppers, and peanuts and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, sesame oil, and garlic. Pour into the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the cooked noodles to the skillet and toss to coat. Cook for another minute or until everything is heated through.
5. Serve the Pad Thai Bento Box with the freshly cooked noodles and vegetables. Enjoy!
These bento lunch box recipes are easy to make and full of flavor. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch or a more elaborate meal, these bento boxes are sure to hit the spot. Enjoy!
Daily Contributor is a collective of writers that love entertainment, video games, sports, and nerding out.