Fortnite: What is it?
A few months ago, I was at a friend’s house when I noticed that his three kids were glued to their phones. Curious, I asked what they were doing. “Playing Fortnite,” he said. That made sense – it was almost dinnertime, after all – but then it didn’t make sense. After all, why would anyone pay money for something that’s free? Why would parents let their children spend so much time on their phones? What exactly is Fortnite? And why should you care about this silly game? Here are answers to those questions and many more!
It’s an online game that’s spreading like wildfire.
Fortnite is an online game that’s spreading like wildfire. You can play it on a computer, console, or mobile device. It’s free to play, but you can also pay for in-game items with real money (you know, like Candy Crush).
Fortnite is a battle royale game—the goal is to be the last person standing. You parachute onto an island and scavenge for weapons, supplies, and materials so that you can build fortifications around yourself while fighting off other players who are trying to do the same thing. The last person standing wins!
It’s free to play, but players spend money in the game.
You can play Fortnite for free, but you can also buy some items in the game. If you want to get a certain item or skin, one way is to use the in-game currency called V-Bucks. V-Bucks are used to buy things like skins, emotes, and other cosmetics. You earn them by completing challenges and leveling up your profile on Fortnite Battle Royale or Save The World (other modes will be added in future).
Most of these items cost real money — so if you want an item from the shop without having to spend hours grinding for it then you’ll need to spend real money on V-Bucks first!
Players can purchase what are called “V-Bucks” – the game’s currency.
You can use real money or in-game currency to purchase V-Bucks, Fortnite’s virtual currency. You can then use your V-Bucks to buy cosmetic upgrades for your character and the game’s other items.
Fortnite also offers a variety of challenges that reward players with various amounts of XP points, which are also used as currency within Fortnite. XP is earned by completing missions in the game, through interacting with friends, collecting hidden Battle Stars scattered around the map and completing daily quests offered by Octavio the Volcano (the main antagonist).
Fortnite is profitable because it makes a lot of money on these purchases.
Fortnite is profitable because it makes a lot of money on these purchases. You can buy V-Bucks, the game’s currency, with real money and then use those V-Bucks to buy outfits and other cosmetic items. These are things that have no effect on gameplay but make your character look cooler or help you stand out from other players in the lobby.
Fortnite is also a lot more accessible than its contemporaries because it’s free to play—meaning anyone can download and play it without paying anything up front. And there are no hidden fees for playing; once you install the game on your device (PC or console), everything else is free as well!
It has become popular among parents, too.
As parents and teachers, it’s important that we understand how games are affecting our kids. Fortnite, in particular, is a game that has become popular among parents as well.
Why? First of all, the graphics and gameplay aren’t too complicated—so it’s easy for even younger players to get into the game and start playing with their friends. Second of all, playing Fortnite is a great way for your child to get off his or her screen for a bit! (And who doesn’t love that?)
It’s a battle royale game.
- It’s a battle royale game.
- You’re dropped into an island with other players and have to fight to be the last player standing.
- You can scavenge for weapons and supplies like building materials to help you in your fight against other players.
- The last person standing wins!
The goal is to be the last person standing.
In Fortnite, the goal is to be the last person standing. The game takes place on an island where you and 99 other players crash land with the task of finding weapons, building structures and killing each other until there’s only one winner left. You can play alone or with friends and compete in solo, duo or squad matches. You need to be careful not to get knocked off by another player who wants you dead because if you’re hit by a rocket launcher or shot with a sniper rifle, it’s game over!
Fortnite Item Shop
Featured Items are rotating items that provide a variety of functions within the game. These items can be equipped or used as consumables, and they change weekly. If you want to be sure that you don’t miss out on any new Featured Items, make sure to check back each week!
- Daily items are available for a limited time.
- You can buy them with V-Bucks.
- They change every day, and cost less than other items.
In addition to the Weekly and Limited Time skins, Fortnite also offers featured bundles. These bundles are a great way to save money or get the items you want.
Fortnite’s featured bundles can be purchased using V-Bucks, which is free for all players.
Shop the latest items in Fortnite
Shop the latest items in Fortnite. Find out what’s new in the item shop, see what’s hot in the item shop and buy items from the item shop.
How to Download Fortnite
Fortnite is one of the most popular games in the world, but its popularity has created a number of technical issues for players. Here’s how you can download Fortnite and install it on your computer so that you can get into the game as quickly and smoothly as possible.
To enable 2FA on your account, you’ll need to visit the Epic Games website and log in. If you haven’t used your login credentials for a while, make sure to reset them by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link at the top-left of the page. Once logged in, click on your name at the top of the screen and select “Account Settings.”
Once on this page, scroll down until you see “Two Factor Authentication” and click Enable next to it. You will be prompted for a phone number; enter one that’s associated with your Fortnite account (this will be used for verification when logging into other devices). You can also add an email address as well if you wish (though this isn’t required).
Once saved, head back over to Google Play or Apple’s App Store and download Fortnite!
Download the correct version of Fortnite for your device.
- Download the correct version of Fortnite for your device.
- Search for “Fortnite” on the web, and click on the game’s official website. The website has a large green button that says “Download.” Click on it to download the installer file onto your computer.
- Locate where you saved the file and double-click it to open it in your browser (or just drag it over to your desktop). Follow any additional prompts; generally speaking, this will involve entering basic information such as an email address and creating a username/password combination that you’ll use later when signing into Fortnite itself—as well as agreeing to terms of service.
Install Fortnite on your preferred device.
You can install Fortnite on the following devices:
- Mac (using Epic Games Launcher)
- PlayStation 4, 5, 6 and 7 systems
Open and log in to Fortnite.
- Open Fortnite and log in to your account.
- When you open Fortnite for the first time, it will prompt you to log in with either your Epic Games account or Facebook if you have linked them together (you can also opt to create a new account). Once logged in, select ‘Play’ from the home menu at the bottom left of the screen and hit ‘Create’ if this is your first time playing Fortnite Battle Royale.
Update your graphics card drivers.
- Update your graphics card drivers. You can find out which manufacturer made your graphics card and download the latest version of their drivers here.
- Update DirectX version. If you don’t know what DirectX is, it’s a component that’s part of Windows and enables applications to run properly on your computer. To check if you have the latest version installed, click the Start button (the round icon at the bottom left) on your computer screen and then click Settings > System > About . The Windows 10 Version box should say “Version 1809” or higher; if it doesn’t, go ahead and install this update by clicking Update & Security> Check for updates in Windows Settings app.* Check for Windows Updates. Your computer may already be running the latest versions of all its software—but just in case some updates haven’t downloaded yet, open up Settings> Update & Security> Check for Updates within Windows 10.**
Check for Windows updates.
To check for Windows updates, go to the Settings app and click on Windows Update. If your update is pending, click “restart now.” If your update is already installed, click “restart later.”
Update to the latest DirectX version.
To play Fortnite, you’ll need to update your graphics card drivers. If you’re unsure of which version of DirectX is on your computer, or if there are any other updates that need to be made, check out this link and follow the instructions.
If you’re using a MacOS or Linux system, updating your graphics card drivers will be significantly easier than on Windows systems—but it’s still worth checking that they’re up-to-date before attempting to download Fortnite. The easiest way is probably just by doing an internet search for “update my graphics card driver.”
Lower in-game settings.
There are a few things you can do to make your game run smoother.
- Lower graphics settings. The most obvious option is to reduce the in-game graphical quality of Fortnite. You can do this by adjusting several settings in the video options menu, such as resolution, field of view (FOV), texture quality, and anti-aliasing. If you’re not sure what these terms mean or how to adjust them properly, check out our guide on how to optimize your PC for Fortnite before proceeding with this step.
- Use an older version of Windows on low-spec machines with integrated graphics cards (Intel HD Graphics 610 or AMD Radeon Vega 8) that have trouble running newer versions of Windows 10 due to compatibility issues between drivers and hardware components.
Find out about your Fortnite matches with the new Fortnite Tracker from Epic Games.
In case you don’t know, the Match History page is a great way to keep track of all your Fortnite matches. It’s also a great place to find out how many times you’ve won and lost, which weapons have been your most effective, and more.
To see this information, click on the “Match History” tab at the top of Fortnite Tracker.
- Lifetime stats
- Total wins
- Total losses
- Total kills
- Total deaths
- Average kills per match (AKPM)
- Average deaths per match (ADPM)
- Challenges are a feature of Fortnite.
- Challenges give you rewards, such as V-Bucks or XP, when you complete them. There are challenges for daily, weekly, and monthly activities. You can find them by going to the menu on the left-hand side of your screen and clicking Challenges.
News and media
If you want to know what’s happening in the community, check out the Fortnite Tracker. Here, we cover news and videos from around the web. Our own content will also be included here too!
Check out all the stats for your Fortnite matches.
Charts and graphs are great, but sometimes you want to see the stats for your Fortnite matches in a more streamlined way. The Fortnite Tracker website allows you to view all sorts of stats for all your matches or just the last ten.
The site also has the option to view your stats by season or by specific week, giving you a better idea of how well you’re doing over time (or which week was particularly bad).
We hope you enjoyed this guide to getting Fortnite on your PC. Please let us know if it was helpful and we can try to answer any questions that you may have!
Daily Contributor is a collective of writers that love entertainment, video games, sports, and nerding out.
5 thoughts on “Fortnite – Download and Play for Free”
Ness they best
i want robux😭