If you’re reading this, chances are you’re dealing with the challenge of organizing a small kitchen that doesn’t have a pantry. Not to worry! There are plenty of ways to make it work. You just need a little creativity and some smart moves.
The key to organizing a small kitchen is to use every inch of space efficiently. This means using cabinets and drawers to their full potential and taking advantage of storage solutions like hooks, racks, and baskets.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer when organizing a small kitchen without a pantry. Every kitchen is different and will require its unique approach. However, some general tips can help you get started.
First, look at your current kitchen layout and see if any areas could be used for pantry storage. Maybe you could convert an unused closet or cabinet into a pantry? Or maybe you could install some shelves or cabinets to create extra storage space?
Second, get creative with your storage solutions. Use every nook and cranny to store your food and supplies. Install hooks on the wall to hang pots and pans, use baskets to organize your spices, or hang a rack under your cabinets to store pots and pans.
Third, make a list of all the food and supplies that you need to store and create a shopping list based on that. Then, shop for food and supplies that fit into your small kitchen storage spaces.
Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for help! If you’re struggling to organize your small kitchen, ask a friend or family member for advice. They may have some great ideas that you never thought of.
Here are ten ways to organize a small kitchen without a pantry.
Try out a few and see what works best for you. Good luck!
- Use a freestanding pantry: A freestanding pantry is a great way to get extra storage in a small kitchen. It can be placed anywhere in the room and doesn’t take up any counter or cabinet space.
- Install shelves above your cabinets: Installing shelves above your cabinets is a great way to gain extra storage space. It’s also a great way to utilize unused space in your kitchen.
- Use a lazy Susan: A lazy Susan is a great way to store spices and other small items. It takes up minimal counter space and easily accesses items stored on it.
- Install hooks for pots and pans: Installing hooks for pots and pans is a great way to free up cabinet space. It also makes accessing pots and pans easy and convenient.
- Use stackable bins: Stackable bins are a great way to store canned goods, boxed goods, and other small items. They take up minimal counter space, making accessing items stored in them easily.
- Use a cart or island: A cart or island is a great way to add storage to a small kitchen. It can be used as an extra countertop or cabinet, or it can be used to store appliances or other large items.
- Install under-the-cabinet storage: Under-the-cabinet storage is a great way to store small items such as spices, plates, glasses, and utensils. It takes up minimal counter space and is out of the way when unused.
- Store dishes in the oven: If you don’t have enough cabinet space to store dishes, you can store them in the oven instead. Make sure you have enough room to open the oven door fully!
- Hang dish towels from cabinets: Dish towels can take up a lot of cabinet space, but they don’t have to! You can hang them from cabinets with some simple hooks or curtain rods. This will free up cabinet space for other items.
- Store pots and pans on the stovetop: If you don’t have enough cabinet space to store pots and pans, you can store them on the stovetop instead. Just make sure that you have enough room to fit them all!
If you’re looking for supplies to help organize your small kitchen, there are a few places you can go. Department stores, home improvement stores, and online retailers carry a wide range of kitchen supplies. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Container Store – The Container Store is great for finding stackable storage containers in all shapes and sizes. They also have a great selection of drawer organizers, lazy Susans, and other storage solutions.
- Bed Bath & Beyond – Bed Bath & Beyond is a great place to find storage bins, cabinet organizers, and spice racks. They also sell a variety of kitchen gadgets and tools to help you maximize your space.
- Amazon – Amazon is a great place to find practically anything you need for your kitchen, including storage containers, cabinet organizers, and kitchen gadgets. You can also find great deals on Amazon, so it’s a great place to shop if you’re on a budget.
- Walmart – Walmart is another great place to find affordable kitchen supplies, including storage containers, cabinet organizers, and kitchen gadgets. They also have a wide selection of colors and styles to choose from.
- Home improvement stores: Home improvement stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot carry a wide range of kitchen supplies, from shelves and cabinets to drawer organizers and cabinet organizers. They also have a variety of storage solutions specifically for small kitchens, like corner cabinets and lazy Susans.
Daily Contributor is a collective of writers that love entertainment, video games, sports, and nerding out.