Black Eyed Peas Wrongly Declared as NRJ Winners
US singer Kesha and French choreographer Kamel Ouali announced the group Black Eyed Peas as Best International Group. They were later embarrassed when no one came up to accept the award.
Ouali then apologized that he has declared the wrong group as he had mixed up looking at the nominees and the actual winner. Tokio Hotel from Germany actually won the award.
The Black Eyed Peas performed their hit song I Gotta Feeling at the opening of the ceremonies. The song won them later the Best International Song award.
Last year, another mistake happened when Kate Perry accepted the Best International Song award. The actual winner was Rihanna.
The list of international winners is as follows:
- International Revelation of the Year: Lady Gaga
- International Female Artist of the Year: Rihanna
- International Male Artist of the Year: Robbie WIlliams
- International Group/Duo of the Year: Tokio Hotel
- International Song of the Year: “I Gotta Feeling” – Black Eyed Peas
- International Album of the Year: One Love – David Guetta
- NRJ Award of Honor: Robbie Williams and Beyoncé