Home » Entertainment

Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift at VMA (video)

14 September 2009 18 Comments

Posted by Randy

2009 MTV Video Music Awards - Show

Kanye West became infamous again for interrupting Taylor Swift‘s acceptance speech during the MTV Video Music Awards 2009.

When the 19-year-old country singer accepted the ‘Moonman’ for Best Female Video, the rapper jumped on stage, cut Taylor’s speech and told the audience, “Taylor, I’m really happy for you, and I’m gonna let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time.”

She looked stunned; the crowd began to boo, and even Beyonce was shocked.

Watch: Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift at VMA video

Do you think it was just a staged act just like the Eminem and Bruno thing? Or was he just trying to be stupid?




18 Comments »

  • tmkirk said:

    I can't believe Kanye did that! I knew he was a jerk but come on! Seriously? He may be a good singer and all, but he needed the crap kicked out of him! When I saw that happen last night, I truly thought it was a joke. Then everyone started boo-ing him. And this morning I heard he got kicked out of Radio City and apologized to Taylor, her mother, and her fans over a freakin blog! He embarrassed her on television! That apology needed to be in person. Kanye, get over yourself. and from one Taylor to another, you rock and don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. You are twice the wo-man he will ever be. Congradulations.

  • brebro said:

    he was right doe beyonce shoulda mos deff won she KILLIN Taylor swift

  • Kanye West apologizes on ‘Jay Leno Show’ (video) | Daily Contributor said:

    [...] Leno Show” on Monday night delivering another public apology to Taylor Swift, following his onstage outburst at the 2009 MTV Video Music [...]

  • Hitler hates Kanye West for interrupting Taylor Swift (video) | Daily Contributor said:

    [...] is ballistic again after hearing the news about Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music [...]

  • Kathy said:

    Okay, the video that Beyonce would have won for was single ladies, and I swear to GOD that was the most boring music video ever. All it was was dancing. I think Taylor Swift deserved it.

  • Anonymous said:

    Beyonce is a good singer, but the video that would have won was Single Ladies. I don’t think it deserved the title as much because You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift was more interesting and entertaining to watch. In Single Ladies, all that happened was Beyonce and two other girls were running around that showed off thier curves and butts. Most of the video is the girls shaking thier hips. They repeated lots of dance moves, and sometimes it looked pretty inappropriate. Lots of the time, there were shots showing simply thier butts. I think Single Ladies was nothing more than something for boys to ogle at.
    And women wonder why guys think they are only objects…

  • Anonymous said:

    Beyonce is a good singer, but the video that would have won was Single Ladies. I don’t think it deserved the title as much because You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift was more interesting and entertaining to watch. In Single Ladies, all that happened was Beyonce and two other girls were running around that showed off thier curves and butts. Most of the video is the girls shaking thier hips. They repeated lots of dance moves, and sometimes it looked pretty inappropriate. Lots of the time, there were shots showing simply thier butts. I think Single Ladies was nothing more than something for boys to ogle at.
    And women wonder why guys think they are only objects…

  • sergio1212121 said:

    kanye! why didn't you wait untill a big dude was standing there to get the mic of his hands????you know why. he would have knocked your lights out!! instead you pick it from a girl??? and you call yourself “real”. hahahaha what a joke. your just a silly little boy!!!

  • sergio1212121 said:

    kanye! why didn't you wait untill a big dude was standing there to get the mic of his hands????you know why. he would have knocked your lights out!! instead you pick it from a girl??? and you call yourself “real”. hahahaha what a joke. your just a silly little boy!!!

  • Baby Dances to Beyonce’s ‘Single Ladies’ | Daily Contributor said:

    [...] Video award to Taylor Swift’s You Belong With Me at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards (Kanye West making a fool of himself, anyone?), but the popular dance video most definitely have won the heart of an adorable baby boy, [...]

  • Taylor Swift Performs Musical Monologue on SNL (video) | Daily Contributor said:

    [...] “and finally got her chance to get back at Kanye West for stealing her moment at the MTV Video Music Awards in September. The 19-year-old country singer also made fun of her ex-boyfriend Joe [...]

  • CMA Awards Poked Funny Swipes at Kanye West as Taylor Swift Wins Top Honors | Daily Contributor said:

    [...] music poked fun at West’s famous interruption of Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards last September. Swift who won the Best Female Video award back then, [...]

  • Billboard Declares Swift and West as Top Artists of the Year | Daily Contributor said:

    [...] microphone from Swift while she was delivering her acceptance speech for an award she won at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards so that he can declare that Beyonce Knowles deserved the award more than [...]

  • Girls Tap Shoes said:

    I like Taylor Swift and her song. She is beautiful.

  • Bronze Pendant Lights said:

    Thanks for information, I'll always keep updated here!

  • Bronze pendant lights fixtures said:

    That's the great article! I just pass 'n read it, two thumbs up! ;)

  • Bronze pendant lights fixtures said:

    That's the great article! I just pass 'n read it, two thumbs up! ;)

Leave your response!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.