Nintendo DSi launched in Japan
The Nintendo DSi rumors were finally over when the latest version of Nintendo DS was launched in Japan on Saturday.
The Nintendo DSi is the successor to the Nintendo DS Lite and is smaller, lighter and packaged with some exciting specs:
- 2.6 millimeters slimmer than the Lite.
- 3 Megapixel camera (for 640 x 480 pixel pictures) and a VGA camera located on the hinge.
- You’ll be able to edit pictures using the touchscreen.
- Full music playback functionality, including adjustable pitch and playback speed.
- Both screens have been expanded to 3.25 inches.
- SD memory card slot with on-board memory.
- Built-in Nintendo DS web browser.
- Cost: ¥18,900 or approximately $192.
A report says that the first shipment was sold out in Tokyo even before lunchtime. Woah! The Japanese are really fast shoppers.
If you’re not in Japan but want to grab one, chances are you have to wait until 2009 for the overseas release.